Prescott Public Library is currently closed to the public. Curbside pickup is available Tuesday-Saturday until February 26 at 6 pm. Scroll down for curbside service options.
Library Reopens March 1
Beginning Monday, March 1 the library will reopen and return to a seven-day per week schedule. Curbside service through reservations and Click & Collect will end Friday, February 26 at 6 pm, with reservations closing at noon. Curbside service will not be available Saturday, February 27 to allow staff to prepare for public access on March 1. Telephone reference service only will be available on Saturday, February 27, 10am – 6 pm and the library will be closed Sunday, February 28.
Hours beginning March 1:
Sunday 1pm – 5pm
Monday 9am – 5pm
Tuesday 9am – 8pm
Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday 9am – 8pm
Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday 9am – 5pm
Changes as the library reopens on March 1:
- All three library entrances will be open.
- The alley book drop will reopen.
- Items will no longer be quarantined for three days upon return.
- Curbside service will be discontinued.
Other COVID-19 modifications remain in place:
- Face coverings strongly advised when visiting the library.
- Maintain social distancing in the library.
- There may be times when the library will need to restrict entry based on occupancy numbers.
- Visitors will please limit their time in the building to one hour to allow the maximum number of people to visit.
- A limited number of public computers are available on a first come, first served basis. Computer sessions are limited to 60 minutes per patron, per day.
- Lounge chairs and study tables are not available.
- In-person library programs will not be scheduled until further notice. Please check the Online Events Calendar for programs offered virtually.
- Meeting room reservations are not currently available. However, virtual Meetings through a library Zoom® Business account are now available to nonprofit and government groups as well as individuals.
- Study rooms are not available.
- The Friends of the Library Book Sale is only able to accept up to two boxes of donations per donor at this time. We do ask that you please bring donations to the 1st floor of the library and do not place them in the return bins.
- The Rock Garden, an early literacy play space, is closed until further notice.
- Early literacy “AWE” computers (app-based computers for younger children) are not available.
Precautions in Place
- Library staff wear masks.
- Sneeze guards are at every service desk
- The library has sanitizing products available in high-touch areas and staff regularly clean frequently used surfaces.
Curbside Service Options
ON-DEMAND WITH CLICK & COLLECT
(Please note that the Click & Collect app closes at 5:45. Items must be picked up by 6.)
- GRAB a smartphone and download the YLN app from the App store or Google Play. Login with your library barcode and PIN.
- WAIT until you are notified you have holds ready. Open the YLN app, go to your holds and use the “Click & Collect” feature.
- PARK near the library and tell us “I’m here” in the app and we’ll have your holds ready in minutes. Please wear a mask.
- PULL up to the door in the Marina St. parking lot when you receive the message in the app that your holds are ready. (Please help us keep the pick-up line clear in the parking lot by not pulling in until you are notified.)
- HOLD up the piece of paper with your full name in BIG letters and pop your trunk or lower a passenger window. Staff will place the items in your car.
Curbside Service By Reservation
- SCHEDULE a pickup time on our online events calendar or call the library at 928.777.1500. Do not schedule a pickup time until you have been notified that your holds are ready.
- NEED to bring your face mask and a large piece of paper with your full name in BIG letters.
- ARRIVE at the Marina Street parking lot during your scheduled pickup time and display your name for library staff. Please stay in your car. Walk-up and bicycle reservations are accepted. Please wear a mask and maintain social distance.
- POP your trunk or lower a passenger window. Staff will place items in your car.
For more information on curbside service, please check out our instructions for using Click & Collect or making a reservation. Pick up by walk-up or bicycle are accepted, but please use one of the options above.
- Items on hold for you have been quarantined for 72 hours.
- Book drops around town are open, including a book drop in the Marina Street parking lot.
- Regular loan periods remain in effect and due dates for items will appear on your checkout receipt or in your online account.
- Once you are notified about a hold being available, you will have 10 days to pick up the item. If you need to suspend your hold, please contact the library at 928.777.1539.
- Questions or concerns? Please call us! 928.777.1500.
Meeting Rooms and Events
In-person library programs and physical meeting room reservations are not currently available.
The library will not be accepting donations of books, DVDs, etc. to the Friends of the Library Book Sale at this time.
If you have questions about donations, please contact Toni Johnson, Support Services Manager at 928.777.1504.
This difficult decision to close was made out of concern for the safety and well-being of patrons and library staff. We are deeply grateful for your ongoing support and hope that you will stay connected by continuing to explore the world from home with the library’s free online resources and telephone and email assistance.