Visiting the Library
- Library hours are currently 10 am – 6 pm Tuesday – Saturday.
- Face coverings strongly advised when visiting the library.
- In order to comply with social distancing only 50 people are permitted in the library at a given time.
- Visitors to the library are requested to limit their time in the building to one hour to allow the maximum number of people to visit.
- Visitors must enter and exit through the Marina Street doors. The South parking lot will be open, but please remember that entry will only be through the 1st floor, Marina Street doors.
- Lounge chairs, study tables and study rooms are not available.
- While you are at the library we encourage you to follow the CDC guidelines and maintain social distancing.
- The Friends of the Prescott Public Library Book Sale is OPEN!
Precautions in Place
- Sneeze guards will be at every service desk and library staff will wear masks.
- The library will make sanitizing materials available in high-touch areas and staff will regularly clean frequently used surfaces.
- All library materials, except for newspapers, are placed in a 3 day quarantine before they are made available.
Limited Curbside Service ending September 26!
Curbside service will end on September 26.
Curbside Service will be available 9-10 am, Tuesday – Saturday on Goodwin Street (by appointment only) for medically fragile or at-risk members of our community.
- Make a reservation on our online events calendar or call the library at 928.777.1500. Do not schedule a pickup time until you have been notified that your holds are ready.
- Bring a face covering and a full sheet of paper with your name in BIG letters.
- Arrive at the curb in front of the Goodwin Street entrance and display your name for library staff.
- Staff will have your items checked out, bagged, and waiting for you.
- Pop your trunk or lower a passenger window. Staff will place items in your car.
Meeting Rooms and Events
Library programs and meeting room reservations are not currently available. Study rooms are also not available.
There are a limited number of public computers available on a first come, first served basis. Computer sessions are limited to 60 minutes per patron, per day.
- Audiobooks are now on the 2nd floor, across from the Check Out and Ask a Librarian Desks.
- Holds are now on the 1st floor, to the left and to the right before the elevators.
- Memorial Books display and the Voices and Votes display are on the 2nd floor opposite the Ask a Librarian Desk.
- Parent/Teacher Materials are now on the 2nd floor, across from the Ask a Librarian Desk.
Thank you for considering Prescott Public Library for a donation to the Friends of the Library Book Sale. These donations are primarily handled by library volunteers and due to limitations on space and the number of volunteers available, we are only able to accept up to two boxes of donations per donor at this time. We do ask that you please bring donations to the 1st floor of the library and do not place them in the return bins. If you have questions about donations, please contact Toni Johnson, Support Services Manager at 928.777.1504.
- Library storytimes and other programs for youth are cancelled until further notice. This will be reevaluated on an ongoing basis.
- Youth book clubs will meet virtually using Zoom.
- The Rock Garden, an early literacy play space, is closed until further notice.
- Early literacy “AWE” computers (app-based computers for younger children) are unavailable at this time.