The Friends Book Sale has a great selection of books and magazines available for purchase every day, and is open all library hours. Located next to the courtyard on the 2nd floor, you can always find something interesting to buy at reasonable prices. Friends of the Prescott Public Library members receive a 10% discount on book sale purchases.
The Friends also make available a select inventory of rare or hard-to-find books on Amazon. Just enter a subject in the search box, such as “History” or “Native Americans,” to see what’s available. Please be advised that the books listed on the Amazon Storefront can only be ordered through Amazon – they are not available for purchase at the library.
Please Donate Books and More
The library gladly accepts donations of gently used books and more. Although currently popular titles are often added to library collections, most donations are sold in the Friends Book Sale. Proceeds support Prescott Public Library programs.
What we most like to receive
- Gently used hardback and paperback books, fiction, nonfiction, and mysteries for adults and children
- All antique or collectible books regardless of condition, including first editions and autographed copies
- Commercially recorded movies, music, and books on CDs and DVDs.
- Current magazines (last 12 months), collectible magazines or issues, and any magazines with a focus on art, architecture, or the Southwest
What we are unable to accept:
- VHS tapes
- cassette tapes
- record albums
It’s easier than ever. Donations can be dropped:
- At any library service desk
- Donations of up to four boxes to the 1st floor service entrance
- In PPL book returns all over town, including the 24/7 book drop in the alley on the south side of the library
Call 928.777.1521 to arrange pick-up of larger donations, or with questions.
Value of your donation
Your donation is tax deductible. Although we are unable to assign a dollar value to your donation, we are happy to give you a Prescott Public Library Gift/Donation Receipt at the time of drop-off.