You Too! Expo
Assistive Technology for Vision or Hearing Loss
Monday, May 21, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Do you have vision or hearing loss? ? If you’d like to learn about the latest assistive technology from the experts, then don’t miss the You Too! Accessibility Expo on Monday, May 21 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Meet local and state service providers and assistive technology experts and hear about their services
- Try out some of the latest assistive technology
- Learn about Prescott Public Library’s new You Too! project
- Network with other assistive technology users
- Bring your lunch and enjoy the library courtyard or Café area. The Friends of the Prescott Public Library will provide drinks and dessert.
Laurie Hallman, Visual Impairment Services Team (VIST) Coordinator for Northern Arizona Veterans Affairs
Georgeanne Hanna, Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist & Certified Low Vision Therapist, contracted with the State of Arizona
Sun Sounds of Arizona, Flagstaff
Christine Tuttle, Outreach Librarian, Talking Book Library
Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records
Clayton Guffey, Assistant Technology Specialist, Arizona Technology Access Program (AzTAP)
Vicki Thompson, Program Planner for Arizona Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (AzTEDP)
Robb Ferguson, Director, Disability Resources and Prescott Learning Center, Yavapai College
Patricia Berlowe, Administrator, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
Joan Baum, Community Leadership Academy Trainer, New Horizons Disability Empowerment Center (NHDEC)
Fritzi Mevis, Executive Director, People Who Care
Martha Baden, Public Services Manager, Prescott Public Library’s You Too! project
The Expo will feature exhibits from organizations, vendors, expert users and library volunteers to allow you to ask questions, learn about services and see the technology in action.
- Catch the Vision – advanced users of assistive technology
- Viewfinder Low Vision Resource Center
- Talking Book Library
- New Horizons Disability Resource Center
- You Too! volunteers ready to show you iPads, apps and Listen devices
- Sun Sounds of Arizona, Flagstaff
- People Who Care
- Yavapai College Disability Resource and Prescott Learning Center
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, Yavapai College
- VIST, Northern Arizona Veterans Affairs
- AzTAP Arizona Technology Access Program
- AzTEDP Arizona Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Sighted guides, American Sign Language interpreters and Listen assistive hearing devices will be available.
Transportation is available upon request and will be provided by New Horizons Disability Empowerment Center. Please contact the Ask a Librarian Desk at 928.777.1526 to book a ride.
For more information visit the You Too! Accessibility Expo website at www.prescottlibrary.info/youtooexpo or call 928.777.1526
The You Too! project is supported by the Arizona State Library, Archives & Public Records, a division of the Secretary of State, with federal funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Additional funding for the Expo from the Friends of the Prescott Public Library.