Prescott Public Library is committed to serving all patrons through assistive technology. The library offers technology onsite and for checkout as well as training to get you started. To learn more contact the Ask a Librarian Desk at 928.777.1526
Assistive technology for vision loss at the library:
- NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access) software on all public library computers. NVDA is an application that reads aloud the text displayed on the computer screen.
- Microsoft Ease of Access settings on all public library computers. Ease of Access allows adjustment of computer settings to meet user needs.
- Magnifying lamps in the Ruffner and West Reading Rooms, Café and periodical areas on the main level.
- A Topaz Magnifier, which magnifies and contrasts printed material, on the main level in the Ruffner Reading Room.
- A Clearview Speech machine, which scans printed material, magnifies it and converts it to speech, on the main level in the Ruffner Reading Room.
- iPads for checkout and at each library service desk, with accessibility features to facilitate communication, including:
- Seeing Ai (another scanning and text-to-voice app)
- KNFB Reader app (a text-to-voice app that can scan documents and read them aloud). Licenses for the KNFB Reader app available for patron checkout.
- Voiceover, magnifiers and other iPad accessibility features
- Information and assistance with Talking Books Library applications and BARD (downloadable Talking Books)
Assistive technology for hearing loss:
- Listen devices for library programs, classes and tours. These portable receivers with headphones provide hearing assistance by connecting to the library’s meeting room sound system. Listen receivers are also compatible with various types of hearing aids.
- Upon request, organizations that utilize the library meeting room can receive training and check out Listen devices for use in their programs.
- A portable Listen Kit for organizations to check out and use at their meetings and presentations hosted outside the library. Training is required before checkout.
- iPads for checkout and at each library service desk with accessibility features to facilitate communication, including LiveCaption and FlipWriter apps.
- Listen devices are available at Prescott City Council Meetings.
For more information, please contact Martha Baden, Library Manager, Public Services at email@example.com or 928.777.1519