Visiting the Library
- Library hours are currently 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday.
- In order to comply with social distancing only 60 people are permitted in the library at a given time.
- Visitors to the library are limited to one hour to allow the maximum number of people to visit.
- Visitors must enter and exit through the Marina Street doors. The South parking lot will be open, but please remember that entry will only be through the 1st floor, Marina Street doors.
- Lounge chairs, study tables and study rooms are not available.
- While you are at the library we encourage you to follow the CDC guidelines and maintain social distancing. Because this may not always be possible, we also encourage you to wear a mask while visiting the library. We have installed sneeze barriers and library staff at service desks will be wearing gloves and masks.
- The library has increased our cleaning regimen, but again, be aware of CDC guidelines about social distancing, hand washing, and touching your face.
- The Friends of the Prescott Public Library Book Sale is OPEN!
- All library materials, including newspapers and other periodicals, are placed in a 3 day quarantine before they are made available.
Meeting Rooms and Events
Library programs and meeting room reservations are not currently available. This will be reevaluated on an ongoing basis.
There are a limited number of public access computers available on a first come, first served basis. Computer sessions are limited to one hour per patron, per day.
- Audiobooks are now on the 2nd floor, across from the Check Out and Ask a Librarian Desks.
- Holds are now on the 1st floor, to the left and to the right before the elevators.
- Memorial Books display and the Voices and Votes display are on the 2nd floor opposite the Ask a Librarian Desk and Tech Help Desk.
Thank you for considering Prescott Public Library for a donation. Donations are primarily handled by library volunteers and due to limitations on space and the number of volunteers available, we are able to accept up to 2 boxes at this time. If you have a donation that contains more than 2 boxes, please contact Toni Johnson, Support Services Manager at 928.777.1504 to make arrangements for the donation.
- Summer Reading is here! Prizes earned by participants in the Pre-K, Kids, and Teen programs are available for pickup from the Youth Desk.
- Weekly “Crafts To Go” bags are available for pickup in the children’s area. One craft per child while supplies last.
- Library storytimes and other programs for youth are cancelled until further notice. This will be reevaluated on an ongoing basis.
- The Rock Garden, an early literacy play space, is closed until further notice.
- Early literacy “AWE” computers (app-based computers for younger children) are unavailable at this time.