What is Interlibrary Loan?
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that allows Prescott Public Library patrons to borrow materials from libraries outside the Yavapai Library Network.
- In turn, PPL loans materials to other requesting libraries throughout the continental United States.
- Use Interlibrary Loan when an item is unavailable through the Yavapai Library Network or Prescott Public Library cannot purchase the item.
- You must have a Prescott Public Library card and it must be in good standing (fines cannot be $10 or more).
- You may order up to six items at a time through Interlibrary Loan.
- Your library account must have correct contact information.
- Be patient—requests can take four to six weeks.
- Place your ILL request through WorldCat Discovery or at the Ask a Librarian Desk (928.777.1526).
- You will be notified when the ILL item has been received in the library.
- Items need to be picked up at the main level Check Out Desk.
- You have 10 days to pick up the item before it is returned to the lending library.
- A $2.00 fee to help offset the cost of return postage will be collected when you pick up the item.
- A $2.00 return postage fee will still be charged to the patron account if the item is not picked up and may result in the loss of ILL privileges.
- Please return items to a Check Out Desk on the main or lower level.
- Please do not return ILL items in bookdrops or to other libraries in the network.
- Books must be returned promptly. Failure to return materials on time may result in the loss of ILL privileges.
- A $1.00 per day overdue fee will be charged per item.
- If you need to renew an ILL item, call the Ask a Librarian Desk at 928.777.1526 or the Interlibrary Loan Desk at 928.777.1510 before the due date. If the lending library declines the renewal, the item must be returned by the original due date.
- Items may be renewed one time.