There are friends of the library and then there are the Friends. The Friends were organized to help a good library become even better. Since its founding in 1968, the Friends of the Prescott Public Library have raised almost two million dollars to enhance Prescott’s Living Room.
From 2003-2006, the Friends focused on raising funds to renovate and expand the library. A Friends’ committee gathered the support of the community and raised over $1.5 million in contributions. Now the focus has returned to the ongoing book sale. Proceeds from books, magazines, movies and music priced from a dime to a couple of dollars really add up.
Book sale income, membership dues, and other contributions to the Friends fund a variety of projects, including:
- Children’s reading programs & special events
- Chamber music concerts
- Author talks and book signings
- Special collections of books & DVDs
- Publication of the quarterly newsletter, The Roundup
- Purchase of new furnishings and library shelving
- And many more – the Library Lion and Library Lizard sculptures, a passive water catchment system, the Beyond Words mural, Live Homework Help, Spotlight on the Stars….
The Friends also accept and administer bequests of funds given to benefit the library.
Membership dues, donations of books and magazines, contributions and bequests turn into countless library services and Friends of the Prescott Public Library programs. It’s magic.
A Friend’s membership includes a 10% discount for book sale purchases and a subscription to the quarterly newsletter, The Roundup.
For more information about the Friends of the Prescott Public Library, please contact:
Library Manager, Support Services
777.1504 or firstname.lastname@example.org