- The library’s network is called PPL
- Power up your device and select the PPL network.
- Open your browser.
- You may now access any available resources including the Internet, the library catalog, research databases and wireless printing. Sorry, no VPN connections.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a library card? No. You will need a library card to access most research databases.
- Is the network secure? The PPL network is an open public access network. For sensitive information, use of SSL encrypted Web pages is recommended. WiFi users should maintain soft-ware to protect against viruses and spyware.
- Can I print from my laptop? Wireless printing is available for 10¢ per page, 50¢ per page for color.
- What are the rules? Use of the Internet and computers is a privilege. Abuse of PPL computer and Internet use policy will result in cancellation of this privilege.