We appreciate your interest in becoming a library volunteer. Our volunteers provide valuable tasks which enhance services for patrons and support for staff. We have a dedicated crew of volunteers who remain in their positions, so not all positions are available at all times.
The City of Prescott requirements for volunteers include a background check.
The following position descriptions are intended to give you an overview of the volunteer jobs. Most volunteers work 2-4 hour shifts once or twice each week.
- Check-in involves working with the computer to check-in items returned. This job is done standing and requires some typing.
- Shelving volunteers need the ability to sort and file alphabetically and numerically. This position requires standing, squatting, and lifting.
- Book Sale volunteers help sort, price, and shelve materials donated to the Friends of the Library Book Sale. Ability to bend, stand and lift is needed.
- Books on Wheels volunteers deliver books to homebound patrons.
- Computer Mentor volunteers assist library patrons with computer use including library catalog, Internet, email, and basic Office applications.
- Special events/projects assist library staff in planning, organizing and executing events/projects including periodic bulk mailings.
- Technical Services prepare and mend materials for circulation as directed by staff.
- Youth Services assist Youth Services Staff with shelving and events.
Please print, complete and return the Volunteer Application (PDF) to the library. Following receipt of your application, I will schedule an appointment to meet with you. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Library Manager, Support Services
777.1504 or firstname.lastname@example.org